Blog post: two

In class the other day we learned some important music skills that help me with my understanding of how music works. I now know that when playing a C on the piano you are not only hearing the C instead, you are hearing a series of notes vibrating. I also learned every note has an enharmonic note. For example is B flat is the enharmonic note for C. Lastly I learned the piano creates its sound from hammers rebounding off the strings which is a simple concept I never thought of. At the moment I am struggling to read treble clef so I have been using a youtube video that shows which keys need to be played for the song Fur Elise. I am going to try to learn to read the music although it might take some time. I have been filling out worksheets to help my understanding. Fur Elise is a challenging piece for me. I have been practicing the notes but I am unable to play the song at the speed it is supposed to be played at. Therefor I am learning a little slower version. In music terms I will be playing lento rather then allegro. I can play some parts of the song fairly fast but other parts I need to play slower. I decided it would be best to play the song in a slower tempo so I could play with consistency. Although I have found it can be rather challenging staying on tempo even with all the practice I have been doing. I have been practicing three times a week. I am still finding the song difficult to play as I am such a slow learner. It can be frustrating learning a new song luckily Fur Elise is fairly repetitive. When you do play a couple measures without mistakes it is a great feeling. One of the reasons people enjoy creating music so much is the immediate gratification you get after learning.