Today we had students from Colquitz Middle School teach our Tech class about Minecraft.We learned danTDM is a famous Minecraft youtuber our students most likely follow. Minecraft is used to hangout with school friends on servers or used to connect with people globally. Minecraft gets students in touch with their creative side. Most of Minecraft worlds serve as a blank slate students can build on. If I brought Minecraft into the classroom I would not just tell students the tools they need to build something but allow them to figure it out on their own. This will allow students to remember how to build in the future. As a teacher you could use Minecraft as a tool to monitor students communication which is one of the curricular competencies. Today was my first time using Minecraft and I was not a huge fan. Personally I wanted a more structured idea of how to build. I am not very good with the system so I would need to practice more before implementing it in the classroom. I would not use Minecraft all the time maybe only provide a basic lesson of how to use it and then allow students to choose if They wish to use it for projects. Using Minecraft is a great way to get in touch with what your learners are doing.

Today we learned about ED Camp conferences. Before ED Camp conferences teachers would sit and listen to key note speakers during conferences. Teachers decided it would be more beneficial to talk to each other about topics they choose and thats how Ed Camp was created. It is a conference open to everyone teachers, students, and parents. The conference starts with blank boards teachers fill with topics they wish to discuss. The teachers parents and students can choose which talks they wish to go to. Today in class we did a sample ED Camp conference I went to a talk on classroom management and conflict solving. Together our group came up with ideas such as exist slip, students assigned jobs to clean the class, routines, student driven rule posters, and non participation slips.