Blog Post: three

The last thing I learned was a blues scale. The scale uses C, E flat, F, G flat, G, B flat, and C. I was not planning on learning a blues scale, but I heard someone in class playing it and decided to learn. I am happy I learned the scale because now I can play something in the blues genre along with the classical beginner pieces I learned. I believe I accomplished my goal of learning beginner piano songs as I learned three. I also learned a blues scale which I was not planning on learning. I did not end up learning bass clef as I decided to really focus on learning one clef rather than squishing in two and struggling. It is highly likely I will learn bass clef after this class when I continue learning piano. Now I am going to try and learn a small part of Fur Elise (using only the right hand). I realize this is a challenging music piece but I am going to try my very best to learn some of it. I wish to learn a part of Fur Elise because it was one of my favourite classical songs growing up. I am looking forward to playing part of it because it was written by Ludwig Van Beethoven an accomplished composer. I am excited to learn more piano basics and part of Fur Elise. I believe playing the piano will be an asset I can bring into my future classroom. Since I can read treble clef and play basic songs on the piano, I will be able to accompany my students while they sing or complete other music activities.